19 September 2012

Carbohydrates and cravings - Advice Please!!!

I know it's been a while since I have been here... it's been busy and I am beat, but I think about this space often and wish I had about 30 hours in a day... just to do everything I would like to do... especially writing...

Anyway, I have a conundrum! I am trying to watch what I an eating and doing the whole "sensa" thing, but I am struggling with something... carbs... CARBS!  They hate me... and they are not my friend.

I NEED GUIDANCE... FROM ANYONE WHO HAS RUN INTO THIS SITUATION...

I am a carb junkie... and I am working to cut them out... which is all good... but the lack of carbs make me tired. Is this correct? Or is it in my head? (I have been told it's mind over matter)... but anyway... I love oatmeal and bagels, but I find that if I eat these things in the morning, I crave all day long... I can eat constantly. Is my blood sugar spiking? What is happening?

I am having a meltdown with all these feelings... I had oatmeal this morning and am totally hating myself right now!

Please... anyone?

3 comments:

Susi said...

Tere, I'm a big carb junkie too and the only thing I can do to make sure I don't eat too much of it is replace it with either whole grain or rice pasta/bread. This way I still get to enjoy my "carbs" but eat healthier in the long run!!!!

Tere said...

Thank you so much. I will try it. The cravings I have after eating carbs makes me more frustrated than even getting on the scale.

Yvonne said...

My husband is diabetic, so we've learned a lot about carbs. Carbs give you energy, so you need them. There are simple carbs like milk, fruit juice, refined sugar, white flour, and these should be eaten in moderation or not at all. Complex carbs or starches are better for you and the energy lasts longer, because it takes your body much more time to break them down. Oatmeal is one of them, but not too refined...old fashioned oats or better yet, steel cut oats. Your starches should have a lot of fiber to them. Better breads to eat are the ones with all the whole seeds mixed into the dough. Whole fruits and veggies, instead of the juices is better too. Diabetics are suppose to stay away from rice, so if my husband has rice, it is a little brown rice. I think a sweet, floury dessert is probably your worse enemy with carbs, so we do a dessert maybe once a week or not at all. I think you just need more things with fiber in them and you'll be okay. If food is a pacifier for you as it is with me, then you might try finding an extra hobby you enjoy that keeps your mind occupied on something else besides eating, and snack on fruits and veggies. Hope this helps some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...