08 November 2006

I have a dilemma

I have a dilemma at work and I'm getting frustrated. I have worked for our director for several years and we basically have the same value and view our jobs the same - work hard, get it done, don't let people down, and do it right the first time. I am working on the "don't take it personal" aspect... but that's just me. And then there is the "ask for help" segment... I hate asking for help because I can do it all... it might kill me... but it'll get done... which is another "value" I inherited from my director. (Wasn't that nice of him to share????)

Anyway, there is a manager between me and him. He is a nice guy and does know his stuff, but lately, his attitude has really sucked. All I hear is "I don't care anymore" "Why bother?" "I don't give a rat's ass about this guy". This attitude is really starting to piss me off. I get very frustrated.

And then, to add insult to injury, both our internal people and those at remote locations do not like to call in and talk to him because he has made several mistakes and they are not that forgiving. So he gets mad when they call and talk to me. (Is this childish or what?) So many people have given me tasks because he lets them slip through.

So, I am doing the work of two or more people, my director says to ask for help, but the only person to ask is the one with the bad attitude who doesn't follow through.

I am frustrated and not sure what to do. I am not going to quit because my director made a special effort to bring me on board and be "someone he can trust and count on to get things done right". I'm sure he sees it, but I am not going to be a tattle-tale.

There are so many mixed signals. Maybe I'll just sit quietly at my desk, in my office, do my work, and dismiss the world... I am caught in a Catch-22.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...