06 December 2006

For the most part...

It's been a good week... except, of course, when I asked a question that I knew better than to ask, to the person I asked, because I knew damn well what he would say, and he would point out a problem I have that I can't seem to shake - I have trouble with my self-esteem... but I knew that! He told me I do a good job and know my stuff, and am a smart person. I guess there is a silver lining in the rain cloud... And then, last night, I had 3 people tell me that they appreciate me for all I do, even the most meanial tasks, without payment. I then received a token of appreciation for all the work I do to help out and volunteer when needed. And then, today, I was told that someone actually admires me... for what I do, how hard I work, how I try to keep focused, being a single mom, a full-time employee, a part-time intern, and trying to be a mom, a friend, and a good employee. That made me feel good, to have someone tell me that they think I do a good job.

So, in all aspects of the situation... if someone does something good or puts others before themselves... don't forget to tell them thank you... those two little words can go a long way and mean so much...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...