13 December 2006

Full-Time Mom

I am not sure where I am going with this blog, but I need to express myself. I am so tired of people who have a spouse, or even joint custody, bitching and moaning, talking about how hard it is to be a single parent. You have NO CLUE! You are a single parent part time - you have the time to walk into the house and not hear a sound, or climb in a hot bath and know that the kids are busy and you can relax. But a full-time single parent is different. I work full-time and am a mom full-time. I love my child with all my heart and he is the center of my universe - I wouldn't trade him for the world.. although there are days where a few minutes would be nice. I can't just disappear in a bubble bath because he is into something... or pounding on the door. I can't chat on the phone... because when I have a phone call, it appears to be the ONLY time he wants to talk. I can't tell someone to watch him for a few minutes while I run an errand or two. He is at my side, chained, my charge. Next time you have to complain about not getting 4 minutes to yourself to finish a phone call or 20 minutes for a hot shower, think about those of us who are true full-time SINGLE parents, with full-time jobs, who have a busy life from the time our eyes open to the time our eyes close. We need to be mom and dad, protector and punisher, teacher and student, friend and adult. Just try my shoes and tell me how hard it really is!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...