01 July 2012

my new recipe experiment


* Quinoa
* 3 egg whites
* Cubed chicken breast
* Spinach
* Grape tomatoes, sliced
* Fat free feta cheese

I beat 3 egg whites and put them in a pan. I then added the cubed chicken breast, scrambling the eggs as they cooked.

Once almost done, I moved all the egg into the middle of the pan and then placed the spinach and quinoa around the outside, heating it up and breaking down the spinach a little.

As the spinach started to cook down, I mixed everything together in the pan. I added the sliced tomatoes (I use the grape because they are small and not overly juicy). The tomatoes add some acid and then I mixed in the crumbled feta. The feta adds the "bite".

I don't cook too much longer, only to marry the flavors.

I put onto a plate and add a little more crumbled feta on top.

**MY FIRST COOKING "EXPERIMENT" WITH QUINOA... AND I THINK IT TURNED OUT PRETTY WELL... AND IT WAS FILLING**

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...