01 August 2012

My life, my job, my world... one big dysfunctional relationship

The word DYSFUNCTION seems to say it all...

I live my life... my job is my life... I spend as much time at work as I do at home, with my family.
Have you ever reached a point in your life where your job is like a dysfunctional relationship?
You love it, you hate it.
You get mad, you forgive.
You walk away, but you return.
I am at the point where I am moving on. I have suffered with this love/hate relationship for longer than I lasted in my totally f'd marriage. The extremes are getting more and more and my patience and self-loving is getting less and less. I am going to drop the bomb and tell them goodbye, but it is hard. Each day, I look at what I do, what I have, and those I work with. They are like family... in a messed up sort of way.

Right now I am struggling, just like in any relationship. You grow familiar with quirks and funkiness, but you still get miffed at them and really want to tell them where exactly to go... and it isn't direct to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I love my guys and they put up with me. (In this "relationship", I put up with a lot more from them then they do from me.)

I think it's time to rethink this relationship. I think "I need some space".

1 comment:

My Inner Chick said...

--Get more space TODAY.
We all need it <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...