13 February 2012

Abusive Relationship?

A fellow blogger posted this on her page and I felt like it is something that deserves reposting.

The following questions ask you about your relationship. If you are not currently in a relationship, these are signs or “red flags” to assist people in identifying a potentially abusive person.

* Do you feel nervous around your partner?
* Do you have to be careful to control your behavior to avoid your partner’s anger?
* Do you feel pressured by your partner when it comes to sex?
* Are you scared of disagreeing with your partner?
* Does your partner criticize you, or humiliate you in front of other people?
* Is your partner always checking up on you or questioning you about what you do without your partner?
* Does your partner repeatedly and wrongly accuse you of seeing or flirting with other people?
* Does your partner tell you that if you changed, he or she wouldn’t treat you like this?
* Does your partner’s jealousy stop you from seeing friends or family?
* Does your partner make you feel like you are wrong, stupid, crazy, or inadequate?
* Has your partner ever scared you with violence or threatening behavior?
* Does your partner say, “I will kill myself if you break up with me” or “I will hurt/kill you if you break up with me”?
* Does your partner make excuses for the abusive behavior? For example: saying, “It’s because of alcohol or drugs,” or “I can’t control my temper,” or “I was just joking”?

You do not deserve to be abused. Create a safety plan or call someone to talk about your relationship. You may also want to contact the police or a local domestic violence center or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE.

Source Website

1 comment:

Our 365 Days said...

Thanks for posting!! As someone who used to be in an abusive relationship, I am all about trying to get the word out to others... no one deserves to live like that

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...