13 February 2012

This image has made it's way around



I am sure there are many people out there who have seen this post and who have re-posted it.
Yes, it is definitely a point that can be taken any way you want to.
This photo is true. Those of us who have these "stripes" have earned them, be it from having a family, or fighting with weight, or suffering from an eating disorder.
I, myself, have them from all of the above.
I don't like how my body looks and have always struggled with image, but we need to be honest and realize that we each do so much that we need to be more proud of who we are and what we have accomplished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Our bodies are simply vessels which hold our spirits. Health is important to sustain the body mostly to house the spirit therein. And obviously there are things in this life time that require a functioning physicality but our priorities should def. be what's inside our bodies not what appears outside.

Susi_Snaps said...

Amazing. I was blessed with good genes or something as I didn't get any "tiger stripes" during any of my 3 pregnancies. I was sure I would since my mom has a lot... I do have some on my boobs!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...