07 November 2011

RemembeRed - week of 11.07.11

Write on Edge: RemembeRED

But in the spirit of relationships that we all knew wouldn’t work, we’d like for you to write about one you knew was doomed from the start... DOOMED!!!

The relationship was mine. I found that you truly do not know everything about a person until you have said those two little worlds “I Do” and then everything seems to take a turn from there.


Before we were married, he was a great person, caring, loving, giving, and respectful. Once we were married, my world spun counter-clockwise. I found out that he had a problem with gambling and bookies. He also had problems with illegal and prescription drugs. Oh, yes, and let us not forget the parole agent and the local police department, and the county jail system.

Had I known… I may have taken a different path in my life, at that point, but then again, maybe I wouldn’t have. I have learned what to do, what not to do, how to handle myself, how to stay a strong mom, how to stand up for myself, and how to be the best I can be.

The lesson I learned was a difficult one, but one that so many others have learned from also.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

The best part about this is that you learned all of these things. We all make mistakes. Want so badly to be happy, so we put a blind eye to the truth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...