04 October 2006

Eating Disorders - Part II

In the 1st blog, I talked about how my body was when I was 23. I had the worst time with my weight. I was not happy, no matter what, it seemed. I worked out and didn't eat. I lost weight and so many people around me noticed, they complimented how good I looked. I was beaming from ear to ear - happy to finally be noticed, to finally be thin. I then got an ultimatum that if I lost more weight, my significant other would leave me. He thought I looked thin, sick, and miserable. I felt great - I felt happy and sexy. I could get into clothes that I never could. What a rush! When people realized that I had lost it "that" way, then I was like a witch being banished - they never said any more, even when I lost weight the "correct" way. I'm not sure what hurt worse... having people not complimenting me or feeling that I am overweight so no one notices me.

I really feel that those people out there with any type of eating disorder, borderline or full-blown... get help because, speaking from over 10 years of suffering, it won't go away by itself...

3 comments:

PTC said...

It definitely doesn't go away by itself. You think it will, but it doesn't. It just keeps haunting you.

Tere said...

PTC - thanks for stopping by. Hope all is well with you. Tere

Tere said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...