22 October 2006

I am struggling and I need to talk

This weekend has been rough. Actually, the past week has been bad. I have ventured into "opportunities" that may not be right or moral, but they were a lot of fun. I felt good about myself.

It has been almost 2 weeks since I have taken my medication for my anxiety disorder. I haven't taken it because my son needed to see his doctor and have his medicine, and the cash flow was tight. I guess he was more important than me. I can deal with myself if I'm not medicated, but I'm not sure if anyone else can. I need to make sure my son is good tho. He is harder to handle when he is missing his meds.

I can tell I've been off my meds because I am getting very scatter-brained and very short-fused. I try not to, but it suddenly seems like everyone is pushing my buttons and picking a fight with me. Or maybe it's just that I am tettering on the edge of a mental breakdown.

I have had this discussion with a few other people and they tell me that it is all in my head. God, I wish I could belileve it, but it's not true. They feel stress and frustration, but they have no clue... once again leading back to "you can't say you understand or tell someone how to fix it if you have never been in the situation".

As I have mentioned, I am a girl who is struggling - I suffer from anxiety and OCD. My meds help regulate my depressive thoughts of eating disorders, cutting, and self-inflicted injury.

I don't feel I can talk to anyone about it because so many just do not understand what is happening.

I'm not sure what to do, but I just wanted to talk.

Thanks for listening...

Your friend, Tere

2 comments:

PTC said...

Hey, hope you are doing a little better. Try to take care of yourself!

Tere said...

Thanks. I guess I need to put my head back on straight and focus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...