09 October 2006

My job - no one else wants it

I have been in customer service for over 12 years. It is a job that takes it toll.

It seems as though a person in the Customer Service field is one that can handle being yelled at, blamed, accused, and NEVER right. Remember, everyone else is right - customer service people are always wrong. (no matter what, no matter how right we are).

Why are we always the bad people? Customers don't like our answers, our buyers don't like our demands, the manufacturing floor think we're being asses, just because we can. (I really wish I could be a bitch "just because" and make obnoxious demands "for the fun of it" and be this way because "I have nothing better to do".) Yeah, good luck on that - hell, I can't even get out of the office on time because everyone else has something critical that has to be handled.

Tell you what... take my job for a day (if you're lucky to last that long), and see why any person in customer service has the temperment they do... just deal with the people I deal with on a daily basis (maybe even more than once or twice a day) and you try to be pleasant and polite to those around you as they wonder why you haven't gotten the other 15 tasks done that have no definite critical need. Talk to the customers who have people yelling at them, or talk to people who have broken things that need replacement so they don't lose money, or talk to me and ask me WHY THE HELL AM I IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, by choice, taking daily abuse...

I haven't found ONE person who would do my job - they think I am absolutely nuts to have done this for so long... maybe I am and that's why I do it...

Go figure!!!!! It's the nature of the business, the nature of the position, and the nature of the beast.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...